David Alex Villegas (born December 19, 1995), known by his stage name Skinnyfromthe9 (formely stylized $kinnyFromThe9), is an American rapper and singer from Somerville, New Jersey. He first gained widespread attention after the release of his song "Love Blast" in late 2017. He then signed to L.A. Reid's record label, HITCO, in 2018. He released his debut mixtape, It's An Evil World, in November 2018.
David Alex Villegas was born in Hialeah, Florida. He is of mixed Puerto Rican and Colombian descent. He grew up largely in Somerville, New Jersey, although he and his family moved around frequently. As a child, his father was imprisoned, and his mother became involved with another man. During Villegas' adolescence, his mother and stepfather engaged in scams and identity fraud until his stepfather was eventually caught and spent time in prison. Villegas also spent time living in homeless shelters and hotels as a youth. He began focusing on hip hop as a teenager after his father purchased a mic for him. He adopted the stage name, Skinnyfromthe9, because his nickname was "Skinny" and he was from area code 908 (colloquially, "the 9").
Why He Sucks
- His lyrics are terrible.
- His flow is very simple and generic. He also sounds the same in all his songs.
- He is literally proud that he was in jail.
- His voice is boring and uninteresting.
- He collaborated with bad artists like 6ix9ine and Fetty Wap.
- His XXL Freshman Pitch was disgusting.
- He fell off too quickly.
- His stage name is stupid and makes no sense.
- He was compared to Kid Buu.
- He paid his respects towards DMX.