Machine Gun Kelly (Pre-2019)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Richard Colson Baker (born April 22, 1990), better known by his stage name Machine Gun Kelly is an American rapper, singer and actor.
Why He And His Songs Used to Suck
- His rap style just seems pretty generic and is nothing special or original.
- He's pretty cocky, has an egotistical attitude, was called out for his misogynistic and racist statements, and is pretty horrible to some people during his tours, such as tricking his friend into smoking a joint laced with his and another person's pubic hair, which is just awful.
- He's apparently named after a gangster, bootlegger, and criminal from the early 1900's, which is pretty dumb for a rap name. Sure one could argue it's a creative thing. But naming yourself after a famous criminal is not the best way to present yourself.
- Although most of his old work was praised by both the audience and critics, most of his new work these days has been panned for its poor lyrics and lack of a unique sound and direction.
- While on the topic of his new content, whenever he is featured on someone's song or has a feature on his own song, he time he seems to do worse than everyone else on the track.
- He got into a serious feud with Eminem in 2012 for calling his daughter Hailie (who was 16 at the time) hot. Kelly was 22 at the time, and it disgusted Eminem so much that he banned him from coming to his radio station. In March 2018, he subliminally dissed Eminem on Tech N9ne's song "No Reason". Later on, Eminem dissed him along with a lot of rappers in his surprise 2018 album Kamikaze. While most of the rappers dissed on the album responded with either praise or criticism, Machine Gun Kelly decided to be petty and made a diss track towards Eminem, called "Rap Devil" which received mixed to negative reviews from both the audience and critics. Eminem responded with his own diss track "KILLSHOT" which pretty much ended Kelly.
- Kelly had an interview with The Breakfast Club in which he acts like an imbecile.
- He calls out Eminem for talking about his man bun in the song KILLSHOT, which proves him a hypocrite, because in Rap Devil, he talked the same way about Em's beard.
- Months after his brutal defeat at the hands of Eminem, he still thinks he won the beef as he says that he "survived a killshot" in his song "Floor 13" which shows he's a sore loser who can't take losing and won't move on.
- Like Lil Yachty, Lil Xan, Lil Pump, Justin Bieber, and even Jacob Sartorius, when he sings, he uses way too much Autotune to the point where he sounds like a robot.
- He ruined Young Thug's "Ecstasy". His verse was not that good though.
- Prior to Hotel Diablo and Tickets to my Downfall, he has gotten worse in some of his newer songs, especially Rap Devil and his EP Binge.
- He has some good songs such as "Breaking News" and "At My Best".
- His XXL Cypher was great.
- Ironically, he made a good cover of Linkin Park's "Numb" as a tribute to the late Chester Bennington.
- With his 2019 album Hotel Diablo, he decided to make rock music, which is really good and better than his rap music.
- As a side note, "Tickets to My Downfall" is amazing.
- He did surprisingly good as Felix in Bird Box.
- Ja Rule and Benzino failed miserably to diss Eminem; MGK was quite impressive, even with a bad track.
- Lace Up (2012)
- General Admission (2015)
- Bloom (2017)
- Hotel Diablo (2019)
- Tickets to My Downfall (2020)
- Half Naked & Almost Famous (2012)
- Black Flag (2013)
- Binge (2018)
- He has a daughter.
- He is of 3/8 (37.5%) Norwegian, English, German and Scottish descent.