Kailus “Kyyngg” James hails from New Orleans, Louisiana. There are a few reasons for his stage his name. Born on August 13, 1995, Kyyngg’s zodiac sign is Leo. Leos are represented by the lion and the sun, the respective kings of the jungle and the universe. More significant, his father was absent most of his life, leaving him, the oldest of three siblings, to be the man of the house.
The spelling of his name has gone through different phases. The original “Kyng” with one Y was inspired by the KYNG line of LifeStyles condoms. Unfortunately, he received a cease and desist from the metal band Kyng after putting out his first solo mixtape, forcing him to change the name. He copyrighted “Kyyngg” and used it for his next couple solo projects. For a period in 2017, he changed the spelling to “Kyyng” before adding the second G back a couple months later.
As mentioned before, Kyyngg is the oldest of three. His brother also raps, going under the stage names “Prynce” and “Prynce Montana.” The duo continued their royal wordplay (or “Rawyal,” as they like to call it) by collaborating under the stage name “Da Pharaohz.” However, they resorted to releasing their project Praise We under the moniker “Kyng & Prynce.”
Why He And His Music Sucks
- His rapping voice is very annoying and painful to listen to, he also sounds like discount Young Thug.
- His lyrics are trash and repetitive.
- He started beef with Gunna for no reason.
- His flow is awful, and he mumbles a lot.
- He overuses autotune in his songs.
- His music videos are boring.
- He, along with Gunna, Lil Baby, Lil Keed, Lil Gotit, Yak Gotti, UnoTheActivist, SahBabii and Coca Vango sound like Young Thug clones as they copy his autotune aesthetic and melodic production.
- He's another example of a fake gangster.
- Back in 2017 he got beat in one video and the dude finally got off of him, he ran away.
- He was kissed by another man literally on camera.
- He made another artist mad outside of a mall and when he tried to fight KYYNGG he ran away again.
- He was convinced that his haters wouldn't say anything "to his face" meaning he can't take criticism.
- He dissed the late King Von and said how he shouldn't be talking gangster and get caught lacking even though he got beat up and he ran which shows him as a hypocrite.
- His stage name is just "king" misspelled
- He made a diss track towards Trippie Redd "B!tch!e Redd" while they were beefing and the cover art is terrible as it's just KYYNGG beating Trip up.