Iggy Azalea (pre-2020)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amethyst Amelia Kelly (born 7 June 1990), better known by her stage name Iggy Azalea, is an Australian rapper, singer-songwriter and model who blew up in 2014 after her chart topping single, "Fancy".
Why She and Her Songs Used to Suck
- Her voice is very annoying and she raps in a fake accent that sounds even worse (In the past). This can be considered racist as according to "Them" white people used this with blackface to trick and kill black people in the 1940's and 1950's. Meanwhile, her normal voice is heavily laced with auto tune.
- She tries to act hood and cool, but just comes off as a big try hard.
- Her songs are mostly repetitive and annoying.
- Her flow is very basic.
- Most of her lyrics are terrible.
- She has a bad habit of cancelling albums and tours when they are at the peak of completion.
- She had the infamous line "When the relay starts I'm a runaway slave-master".
- Her XXL Cypher freestyle was terrible.
- When one of her backup dancers had a seizure on stage, she CONTINUED TO PERFORM instead of stopping the show!
- She even urged her fans to harass radio stations when her single "Sally Walker" began to drop off the charts.
- Some of her songs are all about flexing and money (ex. Started, Kream).
- She cannot freestyle at all, as evidenced at the 2013 Splash Festival.
- She's ranked number 9 on Hip Hop HQ's Worst Rappers of All Time video beating many other terrible female rappers such as Nicki Minaj and Cardi B.
- She has some good songs (ex. "Savior", "Change Your Life", "Trouble", "Black Widow", "Walk The Line", "Lola ", Dance Like Nobody's Watching "Work" and "Switch").
- She is good feature on songs by other artists (ex. "Problem", "All Hands on Deck", "Go Hard or Go Home", "Booty", "Tonight (It's a Party)", "Boys Like You", "Kingdom Come" and "No Mediocore").
- In her newer songs she has started to rap in her normal voice which makes her songs less annoying to listen to.
- Her song co-produced with Charli XCX was okay.
- She has improved in December 2019 with the release of Wicked Lips.
- Her unreleased album Digital Distortion was actually good and had some great songs like "Azillion", "Sexy" featuring French Montana and "Middle Man".
- She is positive about other female rappers, rather than having feuds with them (ex. Planned to tour with Megan Thee Stallion and CupcakKe, defended Nicki Minaj from Steve Madden and supported CupcakKe her hospitalization).
- Ignorant Art (2011)
- TrapGold (2012)
- Reclassified (2014)
- Glory (2012)
- Change Your Life (2013)
- iTunes Festival: London 2013 (2013)
- Survive the Summer (2018)
- Wicked Lips (2019)
- "Beat Down" by Steve Aoki & Angeer Dimas
- "Change Your Life" feat. T.I.
- "Fancy" feat. Charli XCX
- "Problem" by Ariana Grande
- "No Mediocre" by T.I.
- "Black Widow" feat. Rita Ora
- "Booty" by Jennifer Lopez
- "Beg for It" feat. MØ
- "Trouble" feat. Jennifer Hudson
- "Pretty Girls" with Britney Spears
- "Mo Bounce"
- "Switch" feat. Anitta
- "Savior" feat. Quavo
- "Kream" feat. Tyga
- "Sally Walker"
- "Fuck It Up" feat. Kash Doll
- "Boys Like You" by VVAVEs
- "Lola" with Alice Chater
- "Dance Like Nobody's Watching" with Tinashe
- "Sip It" with Tyga
- She is of Irish and English descent. According to her, Azaela's family came to Australia on the First Fleet and that her family's been living there for a long time over 100 years. She also claims to have distant Indigenous Australian ancestry.
- She is first artist since The Beatles to have number 1 and number 2 song at US Billboard Hot 100 chart at the same time (Fancy and Problem)